Facilitating groups during a process is a skill you can learn.
Why this training?
Clarify corporate or departmental visions, create budget exercises, set up peer review groups, facilitate management meetings, map business processes, develop project plans, implement change...
After this intensive training course, you will be able to design and successfully facilitate such workshops.
After this training you will be able to:
- Take your workshops to the next level
- Guide the process through the techniques you have learned
- Dealing with resistance
This masterclass consists of 4 half-day modules that will give you the appropriate toolbox to learn to facilitate your own internal sessions.
Module 1: Competencies for facilitators
How to encourage participation and engagement:
- Techniques to engage all participants
- working with what presents itself
- working with resistance
- your role as facilitator
Module 2: Techniques for process facilitation
How to facilitate a safe and stimulating environment:
- Focus on process
- group report
- perception of verbal and non-verbal cues
- active listening
- encouraging feedback loops
- ensuring inclusiveness
- ensuring particpation
- framing conflicts and resistance
- fostering creativity
- consult effectively
- We collect and discuss the work formats that participants are already using: e.g. presentation, discussion rounds, serious games, activities, braingym, role plays, ...
Module 3: Forms of work
Participants engage in various work forms, in alternating teams. The facilitator provides an open space that invites people to share experiences and adopt new principles and techniques:
- We learn to choose appropriate working forms according to learning processes and desired outcomes:
- Different variants of work formats and their pros and cons.
- When is a particular working form an appropriate methodology?
- how do we provide variation and variety?
- how do we ensure that everyone participates in each form of work?
- We learn to guide specific work forms.
- We learn to harvest:
- How do we provide valuable learning experiences?
- How do we ensure support and shared decision-making?
- We practice working forms in combination with built-up facilitation skills.
- We learn how to use available time efficiently.
Module 4. Applications
In this module, participants demonstrate the principles and techniques learned. In doing so, they have to work in small working groups:
- Prepare a 'typical' facilitation context and choose adapted working form(s);
- Opening the discussion space and inviting participants;
- Facilitating a process;
- Closing the conversation space and concluding;
Participants give each other constructive feedback. In this way we apply the principle of meta-cognition (learning about one's own learning) to take people to the next level. As a result, people directly experience what the impact of learning process facilitation can be and can immediately start using deployable principles and techniques.
Our approach to this training in facilitation techniques is particularly interactive and hands-on. During the training, we will not only cover the theory of facilitation, but also offer exercises and practical applications to help you facilitate group processes. We will give you the tools and techniques you need to harness the power of facilitation and maximise your participants' participation.
Moreover, we pay a lot of attention to giving and receiving feedback, so you will be able to continue developing your skills after this training. After the training, you will be able to immediately apply the skills and techniques learned in practice. In short, we aim to provide a dynamic and interactive learning experience that will help you improve and grow your facilitation skills.
|Number of modules||
The House of Coaching
|Price (excl. VAT)||
|Price (incl. VAT)||